- To demonstrate from Scripture the necessity for the expository preaching of the Word of God and to train pastors to communicate God’s Word.
- To teach pastors what the Bible says about their qualifications, role, and responsibilities from God’s perspective as servants of Christ and His church.
- To underscore the importance of the preacher’s spiritual preparation.
- To train pastors in the basic skills of preparing accurate biblical messages.
- To emphasize the need to allow the text of Scripture to determine both the content and structure of the message.
- To provide instruction on how to productively and practically carry out pastoral ministry in the church.
- To warn pastors about those things which lead to “burn-out” and failure in the ministry.
- To show that the goal of preaching is life change—becoming more like Jesus Christ.
***The pastor who honors Christ is committed to communicating the Word of God
and to ministering to the people God has entrusted to him.***
Please download the BTCP Program Summary Manual where you will find an overview of this course (pp. 61-70) as well as a description of the BTCP program, philosophy, and requirements for implementation.[scribd-url url=”http://bibletraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ProgramSummary-120513.pdf” pubid=”08871992542952721965551983″]