- To teach pastors and church leaders the basic structure, theme and message of the Old Testament and its 39 books as the foundation for the New Testament.
- To teach pastors and church leaders the broad sweep of Old Testament theological history as it relates to Israel and God’s plan of redemption.
- To lead pastors and church leaders to a clear understanding of the relationship between the Old Testament and the New Testament.
- To lead pastors and church leaders to a better understanding of and appreciation for—
• who God is
• who man is
• the purpose for which man was created
• the nature and consequences of sin
• the gracious love and mercy of God expressed in redemption
• the integrity, unity and value of the Word of God.
5. To encourage pastors and church leaders to learn from the examples and illustrations of the Old Testament.
6. To encourage pastors and church leaders to walk by faith before God.
7. To encourage pastors and church leaders to fully obey the Word of God.
8. To exhort pastors and church leaders to preach and teach the principles, truths and concepts of the Old Testament.
***SACRED SCRIPTURE MAKES US WISE FOR SALVATION AND SANCTIFICATION***
Please download the BTCP Program Summary Manual where you will find an overview of this course (pp. 43-52) as well as a description of the BTCP program, philosophy, and requirements for implementation.[scribd-url url=”http://bibletraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ProgramSummary-120513.pdf” pubid=”08871992542952721965551983″]