- To teach pastors and church leaders that missions is the main ministry of the church.
- To instruct pastors and church leaders in the biblical basis, principles, and practice of missions.
- To assist pastors and church leaders in developing a missions mind-set and ministry in the church.
- To dispel and deal with common myths, misconceptions, and hindrances to missions.
- To convince pastors and church leaders that the church is God’s channel for witnessing to Christ in the world.
- To show that evangelism is the first requirement in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- To train pastors and church leaders in the content and communication of the true Gospel and to point out false “gospels”.
- To enable pastors and church leaders to build an evangelistic mind-set and ministry in the church.
- To provide basic knowledge in how to defend the Christian faith against common challenges, world religions, cults, and the occult.
- To equip pastors and church leaders to answer contemporary moral and ethical issues from the Bible.
- To demonstrate that discipleship is the second requirement in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- To train pastors and church leaders in the biblical principles and practices of discipleship in order to reach the goal of maturity in Christ and making more disciples.
***Evangelism and discipleship are what the church does in missions.***
Please download the BTCP Program Summary Manual where you will find an overview of this course (pp. 139-152) as well as a description of the BTCP program, philosophy, and requirements for implementation.[scribd-url url=”http://bibletraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ProgramSummary-120513.pdf” pubid=”08871992542952721965551983″]