- To teach pastors and church leaders the primary facts, significant events, and main movements which have impacted the Christian church in history.
- To acquaint pastors and church leaders with the key figures of church history whose lives have influenced the church.
- To instruct pastors and church leaders in the biblical principles by which the church should have operated over the centuries.
- To lead pastors and church leaders to an awareness of both the triumphs and failures of the church in history.
- To encourage pastors and church leaders to learn from the lessons of church history what the church should and should not do.
- To re-emphasize to pastors and church leaders the need for the church to maintain pure doctrine and practice.
- To enable pastors and church leaders to gain a proper historical perspective on the church today in order to understand its present condition and challenge.
*** Missions is the mission of the church.***
Please download the BTCP Program Summary Manual where you will find an overview of this course (pp. 133-138) as well as a description of the BTCP program, philosophy, and requirements for implementation.[scribd-url url=”http://bibletraining.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ProgramSummary-120513.pdf” pubid=”08871992542952721965551983″]